Playoff Format and Guidelines
The two teams finishing the regular season in ninth and tenth positions will go directly to the consolation round.
• All teams are asked to line up and shake hands BEFORE and after each game as a demonstration of good sportsmanship and in the recreational spirit of the league. The professionals do it before international matches and don’t forget that you are setting an example for the children and families who will be watching;
ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A SAMMRSL PLAYER REGISTRATION NUMBER (PRN) AND EACH PLAYER MUST BE SHOWN ON THE GAME SHEET PRESENTED TO THE REFEREE BY THE TEAM MANAGER. ANY MANAGER PERMITTING AN UNREGISTERED OR SUSPENDED PLAYER TO PLAY IN THE THE YEAR-END TOURNAMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO LEAGUE DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES.
• League and ASA rules concerning rough play and unsportsmanlike conduct will be strictly enforced. Per league rules, there will be a zero tolerance policy towards rough play and unsportsmanlike conduct;
• Teams will play two (2) 35 minute halves at referees discretion;
• If tied at the end of second half, there will a penalty shoot-out with each team choosing three (3) players to alternate shots until a winner is declared. If after three shooters there is still a tie there will be one more shooter from each team until a winner is declared. All players present at the field must shoot before a player can take a second shot. Players taking penalty shots do not have to be on the field at the end of the game to participate in the shoot-out.
• Bottom Line: Each game must produce a winner!